Nursery / Sadochok Program
Sadochok at Immaculate Heart of Mary School
|Sadochok (junior kindergarten or nursery school) is available for 2 days a week, on Tuesday and Thursday, at IHMS. Some of the details of this program are listed below:
- The ‘IHMS Sadochok program’s goal is to provide an educationally, culturally, socially and spiritually rich environment. Children will have an opportunity to play, learn, and socialize within a Ukrainian Catholic community. The IHMS Sadochok will promote Ukrainian cultural traditions, Christian ethics and have an academic emphasis on kindergarten readiness.
- Children will be instructed by certified teachers in the areas of language arts, mathematics, Ukrainian, religion, music and physical education. A Child Care Assistant will be present in the classroom to assist with instruction and supervision.
- The Sadochok program will run for a full day (8:40 A.M. – 3:15 P.M.), every Tuesday and Thursday, September to June. A Before and After School Program is available at the school for families that require extended child care service.
- The Sadochok class will operate out of the current Kindergarten classroom which is furnished for small children. The classroom also has large windows with an abundance of natural light.
- The class capacity is limited to 20 students.
- Registration is open to all 4 year old children, as of December 31 in the given year.
- Families registered in the Sadochok program participate in all fundraising activities at the school.
- If space is available, the Sadochok program will also be open to Kindergarten students registered at IHMS. This provides a child care service for kindergarten families on the off days from their regular Kindergarten classes.
- For more information please contact the school office at (204) 582-5698.