Grade 2 Students Email "Rodeo Pup"
Rodeo Pup is a character in the Grade 2 reader. On January 10,
2003, the grade 2 class sent the following email to the creator of
- Dear Rodeo Pup,
Our grade 2 class read your story this week at
school. We enjoyed your story because it was hilarious,
interesting, and you did tricks.
- Could you come and visit our school one day?
- How do you floss your teeth?
- How can you write on a computer?
- How do you learn to read e-mail letters?
- Were you really in the newspaper?
- What do you like to play?
- We hope to hear from you soon!
- From the grade 2 students
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School
- 650 Flora Ave.Winnipg., Manitoba
Rodeo Pup responded with the following email:
- Dear Grade 2's,
- Thank for writing. I'm glad you enjoyed my
- I am an English Bull Terrier. We EBT's are very
friendly dogs. I live in
- Toronto with Lisa and her family. They treat me
like a king! My birthday is
- on April 23. I am 7 years old. My favorite color
is blue and my favorite
- number is 4. My favorite TV show is any picture
where they make food!
- I only got into trouble that one time at school
like it says in my book. I
- am actually too lazy to get into any other real
- My favorite game is called "chase the towel",
especially if that towel came
- from the kitchen. You run around the house with
the towel, see, and then you
- lose it. The next day you play my other favorite
game. It's called "find the
- Gotta go get my beauty sleep. I've been up all
- Your pal,