For the 2002-2003 school year, we have a new secretary
here at I.H.M.S. Her name is Mrs. Harris. Our former
secretary, Mrs. Dudych, is on maternity leave for a year and
Mrs. Harris is replacing her. Mrs. Harris is originally from
Manitoba, but she just moved here from Montreal where she
was working as an Administrative Assistant at Air Canada. I
went to the office to ask her some questions, and she was
kind enough to answer them.
- Q: What is your family like? Large? Any
- A: My immediate family is small, only 4 kids
amongst me and my sisters, and 2 are mine. My expanded
family is very large though. I have 50 first cousins! And
yes, I have one pet. A dog.
- Q: Do you have any kids?
- A: Yes, I have 2 kids - Logan, 15 and Marlowe,
- Q: What kinds of things do you
- A: I like reading books and farms. I would
like to live on a farm one day.
- Q: What do you do during your free
- A: I like to go skiing and hiking when I have
- Q: What are some of the things that you
- A: I really do not like lying and laziness.
Those things bother me a lot. I hate it when kids suffer
- Q: Where did you grow up?
- A: I grew up in McCreary, Manitoba. When I was
a child, I lived on a farm there.
- Q: What did you want to be when you were a
- A: When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a
Hospital Administrative Assistant.
- Q: When you were younger, did you ever
think or want to be a secretary?
- A: Actually, no. I never really gave being a
secretary any thought at all.
- Q: If you weren't working as a secretary
here, what would you want to be doing instead?
- A: I would want to be a herb farmer. As to
why, I haven't a clue. I just love farming.
- Q: What do you like about your job
- A: I like that there is a variety of tasks
each day, and that every day is different than the
- Q: What do you not like about your job here
- A: I don't like it when any of the students
get injured or sick. (So far there hasn't been anything
- Q: What is your favourite part about this
- A: Everyone is enthusiastic, friendly,
cooperative and tries hard at everything they do. This
makes my job a lot easier!
- Q: How do you like our school so
- A: I just love it! It's wonderful!
- Q: Where did you work before you came to
- A: I worked at an Air Canada in Montreal. I
was an Administrative Assistant there.
- Q: When you retire, where would you like to
- A: I would like to go and live on a farm. I
would spend our cold winters in Arizona, where it is nice
and warm though.
- Q: Where would you like to travel
- A: I would love to tour Arizona. I have been
there before, and would like to visit the lovely place
- Q: What would you like to accomplish in the
- A: I would simply like to find a peaceful
- Q: If you had 3 wishes, what would they
- A: That the environmental crisis is resolved,
that all the children of the world not suffer, and that I
am healthy and get to dance at my grandchildren's
- Q: What would you say your best quality
- A: Well, I'm very trusting.Very!
- Q: If you could describe yourself in one
word, what would it be?
- A: Energetic.