Alumni Association Reception

 

ladies1

Some of the female alumni reminiscing over old IHMS yearbooks

 

On Sunday, March 29th, 2015, IHMS held its second alumni reception for all former students of St. Nicheolas School, Immaculate Heart of Mary Academy, and of course Immaculate Heart of Mary School.

 

St. Nicholas School (the predecessor of IHMS) was located at 650 Flora Avenue. It was built in 1911, and classes ran from 1911 to 1963.
Immaculate Heart of Mary Academy was an all girls school located at 131 Aberdeen Avenue that ran from 1957 to 1963.

 

Although this was the second alumni gathering, it was the first organized by the alumni themselves. The previous gathering, held about a year and a half ago on October 6, 2013 was actually organized by the school. Therefore, the gathering on March 29, 2015 was the inaugural gathering of the Alumni Association!

 

hockey2
hockey1
The male alumni enjoyed playing a floor hockey tournament 

 

About 25 people showed up, all of them alumni of IHMS, and almost all of them were very recent graduates of IHMS. While the male alumni played a floor hockey tournament in the gym, the female alumni enjoyed reminiscing while looking over old yearbooks in the front foyer of the school.

 

ladies2

 

Afterwards, pizza was ordered, and approximately 25 more alumni joined in while everyone watched a Winnipeg Jets hockey game projected onto the gym wall.

 

Everyone seemed to have a good time, so more alumni events are planned for the future.